All Toosum interns have the opportunity to become an integral part of the Toosum team and play a vital supportive role. The Toosum internship program is designed to allow student interns the opportunity to learn first-hand about the business of international trade, export marketing and international sales. The internship involves interacting with international business professionals, conducting market research and participating in the daily operations of this dynamic company providing international importers, distributors and retailers with unique U.S. food and beverage products. The goal of the internship program is to enable our interns to build upon their educational background and gain valuable real-world experience in international business.
The responsibilities of this internship include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Toosum's export marketing, internet marketing, and international trade associates in the research of foreign markets and client companies.
- Assist in the development and coordination of export promotional programs, recruitment for overseas trade events, organize business briefings, and provide a variety of assistance for international programs conducted by Toosum.
- Provide direct assistance to the Toosum team in the development and execution of Toosum's strategic consulting and client export marketing plans.
- Assist with the coordination of international trade events and Toosum educational activities.
- Support the Toosum team with any current programs for clients, foreign delegations and dignitaries.
- Work directly with Toosum leadership and principals on potential special projects.
- Assist the Toosum staff with some administrative duties.
Upon completion of this course, the student will have:
- Become familiar with the type of work and the working environment related to the field of export marketing and the workings of a company such as Toosum;
- Acquired work experience in an area of export marketing, international trade and international business development;
- Applied knowledge and skills from marketing and other international courses to actual marketing problems and situations.
Responsibilities of Toosum
The firm agrees to expose the student to the type of work which he/she would encounter in an entry level professional position. It agrees to provide appropriate personnel to oversee the project(s) assigned to the student, and the resources needed to accomplish the work. While the student is not an employee of the firm, the company will treat the student as it would any employee, and expect the same degree of responsibility from the student. The supervisor may be asked to provide a written evaluation of the student's performance to the faculty advisor at the end of the program, to provide the student with a periodic evaluation of his/her performance, and to consult with the faculty advisor when and if necessary.
An internship with Toosum is available to graduate and undergraduate University and Community College level students in Washington State involved in an accredited internship program within their school and with the expressed permission from their institution. Qualifications: Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. A good attitude and basic computer knowledge (windows, excel) is required.
There is an expected time commitment of at least 12 hours per week in the Toosum office. Toosum interns are given challenging and unique professional experiences and we serve as an invaluable reference.
Next Available Internship Position
Internship positions with Toosum are available on an ongoing basis. Spots are open based on availability and need.
Applying for an Internship with Toosum
To apply for an internship with Toosum submit the following information:
Send this information to:
- Cover letter expressing interest
- Dates and Times Available for Internship
- 3-5 page writing sample
Toosum Healthy Foods, LLC
5506 Sixth Avenue South, Suite 103
Seattle, WA 98108 U.S.A.
Tel: +1 (206) 462 4886
Fax: +1 (206) 624-8826